- 12 Month OPT: Employment Update Form
- 12 Month OPT updates are through the government website. Click on these links to be redirected to an external site: SEVP Portal Help and the SEVP Portal
- STEM OPT updates: Send new I-983 to email@example.com
Note: SEVP Portal is an external site. The International Center for Students and Scholars bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of the external site. Visit SEVP PORTAL HELP for answers to your questions.
Social Security Number (SSN)
- Social Security Number Procedure
- Note: you must wait until your approved OPT start date to apply for an SSN.
- Connecticut Driver's License or State ID Procedure
- Informational Video to Frequently Asked Questions (Section 7)
- Department of Motor Vehicle Document Checklist
- Note: if you live in another state, check the website of the Department of Motor Vehicle of that state.
- Student Health Insurance (Scroll down to: I am graduating and wish to extend my insurance beyond July 31)
- Speak with your employer about insurance coverage