F-1 On-Campus Employment

On-Campus Employment FAQs

  • On-campus employment may be available to F-1 students who are in a degree program, are maintaining full time study, have achieved good grades, and have met their financial obligations to the University.
  • On-campus work permit is required prior to the start of the employment. F-1 students are allowed to work no more than 15 hours per week, except for official school breaks and annual vacation when it may be full time.
  • On-campus employment includes opportunities such as hourly work, graduate assistantships and Resident Advisor positions.
  • On-campus employment is not guaranteed and international students are required to have full financial support without considering on-campus work.

View more information on Financial Aid and Campus Employment.

We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. Please email internationaloffice@bridgeport.edu for general questions; Email cpt@bridgeport.edu for CPT related questions/applications, and opt@bridgeport.edu for all OPT or STEM OPT related questions.