We advise that you utilize our convenient online appointment scheduling system to book an appointment with one of our certified volunteers with Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Our appointment system offers private, online 24/7 booking, and email/text confirmations and notifications to give you the full attention you deserve. Once your booking is complete you will receive an automatic confirmation.
How to Book an Appointment
Click the Book Appointment! button and follow the remaining steps:
- Select VITA and then The Ernest C. Trefz School of Business
- Make your appointment
- Make only one appointment and cancel the appointment ahead of time if you cannot come. If you make multiple appointments, all of them will be cancelled.
- VITA clinic location: The Ernest C. Trefz School of Business, Mandeville Hall Room 303, 230 Park Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06604
Documents to bring with you for the appointment:
- Passport and UB ID
- Form I-20
- W-2/1042S or any other tax forms you may have received
- Copy of any previous years' tax forms
- A list of the dates you have entered or left the United States during the entire period of your stay here
- Your check book (from a local bank) - if you have a checking account – this is only for those that are declaring income so that you can make payments or receive direct deposit refunds)
- Your home country address
- Print and fill out the Form 13614-NR intake sheet - We can help you complete Item #1 on page 2 of the form regarding the tax treaty if you do not know the answer but complete the rest of the form on your own. Print and bring it with you for the appointment.
*Mask is required. Please come on time for your appointment. Do not enter Room 303 directly and wait in the hallway for a volunteer to welcome you.
Terms and Conditions
Our tax service is available to you provided you submit certain requested information to our tax site. In using our tax service, you agree to provide us with true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself when such information is requested by us.
We are committed to ensuring that our tax assistance remains highly professional to provide international tax preparation services to our clients, respecting the privacy of the personnel information we collect from our clients. You may not provide any prohibited material or offensive material to us directly of through the use of this platform.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the University of Bridgeport VITA site and its volunteers from and against any claims arising out of or relating to: (1) user content you submit or transmit through the site; or (2) your violation of any rights of any other person in connection with the site.