Coping with the four seasons
- Dress for the season! Bring warm clothes for colder months and light clothes for hot months.
- Drink plenty of water! When you start to feel thirsty you are already dehydrated. On average drink 64 OZ. of liquids per day.
- Boost your immune system! Fall and Spring seasons have rapid and extreme temperature change. Eat healthy to boost vitamin, antioxidant, and mineral intake to ward off a cold, flu or other contagious illnesses.
- Eat foods of the season! Foods that naturally grow in a particular season are best. Eat apples, carrots, gourds (squashes), warming spices, and seasonings such as ginger and garlic for cooler seasons. Add leafy greens, strawberries, blueberries and other vitamin rich foods that grow in Summer and Spring to your palate.
- Play sports and exercise regularly! Do indoor and outdoor exercise. Check the weather first to dress comfortably. Click on the sun icon for the latest weather report.
- Find a buddy or a group that will motivate you to keep up the challenge and stay active.
Click on the icons above to check Bridgeport Weather and convert Celsius to Farenheit!
Enjoy the weather and learn more about the USA with sports and activities for each season. A few examples are: hiking, rock climbing, baseball, apple/pumpkin picking in the Fall; eagle watching, ice skating, snow tubing, snowboarding, and skiing in the Winter; flower festivals, car shows, and kite flying in Spring; parades, firework shows, swimming, fishing, boating, and other water sports in Summer.
Visit the Health Center and browse their webpage for more information about your health requirements.